This Apple Sage Vegan Sausage and Roasted Brussels Sprout Stir-Fry recipe is all about giving leftovers a new lease on life. The crispy bits on roasted veggies disappear once they’ve hung out in the fridge so here’s an idea for leftover veggies needing a makeover.
I used some of my leftover Roasted Cranberries, Brussels Sprouts and Pecans side dish with Maple Mustard Dressing in this quick and easy meal although most any veggie combo would work! I started by heating some oil in a cast iron pan, added some minced garlic and then crumbled in store-bought apple sage vegan sausages. Once they are cooked, added a splash of veggie stock to deglaze the pan, some cooked rice and the roasted veggies. Finished things up with a drizzle of maple syrup and tamari, and stirred often until heated through. Sweet, salty, and nourishing this meal has all the comforts a meal can offer on a night you need food to be quick and easy!
Apple Sage Vegan Sausage and Roasted Brussels Sprouts Stir-fry
- ⅔ cup uncooked rice, cooked according to package directions
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 pkg store-bought vegan Apple Sage Sausages, crumbled
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups leftover roasted vegetables (you can play with the amount here depending on what you have)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tamari (for GF) or soy sauce
- Get your rice cooking.
- In a large cast-iron pan or skillet, warm the oil over medium heat. Add in the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add in the sausage crumbles and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until the sausage is heated through.
- Add the vegetable stock to deglaze the pan. Add in the rice, maple syrup and tamari. Stir well to coat. Add in the cooked roasted vegetables, cooking 2 minutes or until heated through.