Looking for a Holiday dish with a punch of color, flavor and texture? Have the boiled Brussels sprouts you had as a kid ruined these cute tiny cabbages for you? Then try this combo….it might be just what you need to fall in love with Brussels sprouts! Roasting at a high temperature is key to unlocking their sweetness and giving them some crispness.
The roasted cranberries add a festive feel to this side dish but if you can’t find fresh cranberries, you can leave them out or add in some pan-fried smoky tempeh bacon.
The crispy charred bits on roasted Brussels sprouts are so good, it’s worth waiting to add the dressing just as you’re sitting down to eat so that the texture doesn’t soften.
Have leftovers of this side dish? Check out how I use them up in this easy Apple Sage Sausage and Roasted Brussels Sprout Stir-Fry
Roasted Cranberries, Brussels Sprouts and Pecans with Maple Mustard Dressing
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 cup whole fresh cranberries
- 1 cup pecan halves toasted
- 6 tbsp olive oil divided
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp orange juice
- 2 tsp yellow or Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Place the trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts on one of the baking trays, drizzle with 3 tbsp olive oil and toss to coat evenly with your hands or a wooden spoon. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until tender and some of the outer leaves are starting to crisp and get a bit of char, tossing once during baking.
- Place the cranberries on the other baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive and toss evenly to coat with your hands or a wooden spoon. Place in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until they burst and have started to release their juices.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 tbsp olive oil, maple syrup, orange juice and mustard. Place the roasted Brussels sprouts, toasted pecans and cranberries in a medium sized serving bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.